Join Jeep Garage Today
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 10:37 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2

vonk is on a distinguished road
Re: WK2 Towing questions w/o Tow Grp IV

I went to the dealer today. Here are my 2:

QL = Quadra-Lift Air Suspension (SER) must not be confused with QDII = Quadra-Drive II 4WD System (AWB). There is no QLII.

Quadra-Lift (SER) is available only on the WKJS74-Grand Cherokee Overland 4X4, and there it is standard equipment, including a tow package. If you order the V8 engine (EZH), that tow package defaults to Group IV (AHX) with the 220 amp alternator, heavy duty engine cooling etc. For the WKJS74 only, EZH also includes Quadra‑Drive II (AWB).

The above info is from a factory publication for dealers that was updated 7/20/10.

So, to get all the chassis goodies, just order WKJS74 and EZH. I also ordered Off-Road Adventure II (AWY), which is also available only on the WKJS74, because it was the cheapest way to get the higher aspect ratio tires for the rough country road I live on. And then, of course, I wanted the sexy 730N media system (RER) with NAV, Bluetooth and all.

I believe Jeep packages the various options the way they do to prevent customers from buying incompatible configurations that may get them into trouble and jeep into law suites.

BTW, my car was ordered 8/2/10, is in Status C (tentative schedule), Scheduling Priority 1 (sold order), Build Priority 01, has a VON, but no VIN yet. The dealer will check again for the VIN tomorrow. He says I may see my car at the end of September.