Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Join Jeep Garage Today
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 02:47 PM
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2

Andrew Klossner has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Klossner has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Klossner has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Klossner has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Klossner has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Klossner has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Klossner has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Klossner has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Klossner has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Klossner has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Klossner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Embarrassing Moment

When I was checking out new cars, I found a Jeep dealer with a large inventory in a cavernous building. (It rains a lot here, so you get more sales if your customers can stay dry while shopping. And you don't have to keep the cars locked.) I managed to sneak in so I could take my time without being pestered by sales staff.

Ooh look, there's the new Grand Cherokee. Slide into the front seat: yeah, this is nice. Get out, slide into the back seat. Hey, plenty of leg room. Get out -- no, I'm not getting out. The back door is locked. I can't unlock it -- the CHILD LOCK is set!

I thought about using my cell phone to call the reception desk and ask them to send somebody into the warehouse to free me from my prison. Then I worked my way over the front seats, being oh so careful not to step on the leather, and made my escape.

Fast forward two weeks. I have my new Overland in the driveway and I'm checking it out. Slide into the front seat: this is nice, and it's MINE. Slide into the back seat: it's as nice as I remember. Get out -- oh %$#@, NOT AGAIN?

This time I called my wife and asked her to come let me out. Then I took a close look at the child lock controls. They were in an in-between position where the arrow pointed to "unlock" but they were still engaged. Some assertive adjustment with a screwdriver fixed that.