Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Best Floor /Cargo Mats

24K views 95 replies 51 participants last post by  XenonDepot 
#1 ·
In your opinion what are the best floor and cargo mats for a 2011 Cherokee?

#3 · (Edited)
You'll get three different answers.

Husky Weather Beaters (which is what I have)
Weathertech
Jeep Slush mats

They'll all serve their purpose. The Huskys don't have a big red logo. (the Weathertechs do), the Jeep ones have a big Jeep logo. I like the Husky Weatherbeaters since 1. they don't have a logo, 2. the rear mats cover the entire area including the middle hump between the seats. 3. It provides the ability to cut out the area of the cargo mat by the subwoofer if you want. Also, it completely covers the front area (no holes for the hooks) The Jeep slush mats (in my opinion) shouldn't have the holes. Just looking at mine, I know I'd have stained the carpets underneath already. (which isn't that big of a deal... after all... this IS a Jeep)

The Weather Beaters in action:

#5 ·
For me its aa tough choice between husky and OEM Mopar mats. I didnt really consider weathertechs because there price and that ugly logo they put on their mats. Turns out that is just a sticker which can be removed if you wanted. Either way though too much money and I even think the Husky mats look better anyway. My vote goes to:
1. Husky
2.OEM Mopar
3.Weathertech

#7 ·
weathertecs. Fit perfectly, have a good look without being too bulky, and save my carpet from everything.

Get them from xenondepot, a featured vendor on the site. I just got them last week for 15% off and free shipping over 150. Coupon code is WC11. hopefully it's still going on. Highly recommended and i got them very fast.

#8 ·
weathertecs. Fit perfectly, have a good look without being too bulky, and save my carpet from everything.
X2. If I could change one thing about them though it would be how high the mat comes up where you rest your left foot. It does not go up high enough. Other than that they look good, fit well and the back seat is a 1 piece that stretches across the whole area. Cargo mat is also a perfect fit and good look.

#13 ·
Love the Jeep (Mopar) floor mats and cargo mat. These are thick, heavy, rubber mats that have served their purpose well with all of the snow here. I actually don't mind the Jeep logo because, after all, I am driving one.

BTW: I'll NEVER order another product from Weathertech. Worst customer service I have ever experienced. Ordered some mats for another car and they weren't as described - didn't even have holes where they should be for mat retention. You better be a type B person to deal with a return from that company (hell, even an initial order), otherwise you'll blow a gasket getting a "return number" through their antiquated phone lines, then paying to ship it back yourself, then having to call back a month later to ask where your credit is...

#18 · (Edited)
In my opinion the husky brand was the way to go. (For me) Knowing how much crap I track into my vehicle, I wouldn't have been comfortable with mats that have holes for the eyelets. Of course... YMMV. Besides ... I already had dirt from the stock mats from the holes. With my new mats. No issues

#16 · (Edited)
I have the WeatherTech DigitalFit mats for 1st & 2nd row and am very pleased. They fit perfectly, gromet holes are right where they should be, 2nd row covers center hump. With all the snow we've had in the NE I've had no problems with water / mud. Personally I like the more refined look of the WeatherTech it matches nicely to the more upscale look of the WK2 interior. I have the Jeep Slush Mat for the cargo area, I like seeing the jeep logo when I open the cargo area. I ordered my WeatherTech's direct from their website and they arrived sooner than expected. (The website did not update the order status until after they arrived, oh well.) The Slush Mat I purchased from the dealer where I got my GC.

#17 ·
Bit the bullet and ordered the Weathertechs. They'll deliver tomorrow (I hope). I've had them in previous trucks and they were fantastic as far as coverage and ease of cleaning them. My ONLY gripe is they are made out of a hard plastic material, and that feels kind of cheap to me. Also, your feet don't "grab" on them like a rubber mat.

I plan on using my heat gun and removing the Weathertech sticker. I'll post up pics when I get them.

#32 ·
@ XenonDepot : I just had shipped Part #44324-1-2 (Black Floor Liner "Digital Fit") and Part #40469 Black Cargo Liner). Are these the ones you installed? I like the comment "like a glove" want to make sure I ordered the right ones. They look like the right ones, but WeatherTech makes a few types.

#34 ·
I like the Mopar offering; they're heavy duty, flexible, highly slip resistant and remain that way even in the coldest temps. The only Mopar mat shortcoming compared to a few others is the limited footrest coverage for the driver's side mat. The nice thing about the Mopar mats is the color matches close enough to the interior (black) that if I left them in all year long they would not look out of place.

Reactions: dsmith14
#37 ·
I guess it depends on what you consider worn out. I think the Mopar mats are thicker than the Weathertech to start so basically you've worn this one area down the the thickness the other ones start at. Since they are 50% of the price of the weathertechs I'm not too concerned and still consider them to be the best slush mat value for the WK2.

You should show your dealer this, maybe Chrysler will replace it because it does seem like excessive wear but then you don't post how old, how many miles and how long the last set of Weathertechs lasted you.

I have the Mopar mats and mine are 3 months old with about 4000 miles and they look new.

#38 ·
My last Weathertechs lasted 6 years, 70,000 miles. The rubber on the Weathertechs felt like it had a layer of plastic or something on top, definitely a harder rubber material and I never had an issue with them.

I've worn this down to the thickness of Weathertech mats in four months, but by next year I'll be hitting carpet. I'll show the dealer just to let them know that the rubber is too soft, if they end up replacing it, it'll be a bonus.

#44 ·
Take a look at Husky Liners. They are the original liner manufacturer for cars, trucks, and SUVs. Very similar to WeatherTech at a more affordable price...
+1 I've had Weathertechs before and have been disappointed in the holes allowing salty water to stain the carpet,

and how it doesn't cover the area where a dead pedal would be.

The Husky Liner Weatherbeaters don't have those problems and have held up well so far.

#43 ·
I see where a lot of you pay for the MOPAR slushies, I have bought several Jeeps over the years and to close the deal after the money discussion, I always ask them to throw them in. No more funds tacked on. Paying that much for a Jeep, they usually will throw in the slushies, and in the case of the WK2 I had, they gave me the complete set, including the rear mat. Be brave. Believe me, most salesmen will throw them in if they know that will close the deal!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.