Future Plans:
S-Max catch can
MM 85mm PTB
Corsa CBE
Focal speakers
Yakima Whispbar or Thule AeroBar
STR8 Pedals
Halos?
Wheels??? 18s... gunmetal, black chrome, something dark but not black. Any suggestions?

08Sept12. After a quick wax:

12Sept12. WeatherTech Digital Fit (full set):

13Sept12. Painted Tow Hooks:
(Thanks to the info gleaned from this forum took about 10mins to pull off the lower fascia.)
Before:

After:

27Sept12. aFe Power SRI Installed.
Sounds awesome in high-suck mode. Deep and throaty sound that is worth every penny even if it doesn't improve performance. Only gets loud when getting on it, its quiet when just cruising. Fitment wasn't very impressive but good design overall and good quality of parts. Heavy gauge aluminum throughout making it heavier than i would have liked. I like how this design retains use the OE air scoop. Problem with fitment is that its just so damn big, it hits the hood liner slightly. Gets super hot as well, will need to hermal wrap. Pics coming.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
I had planned on just updating the original post but looks like they become un-editable after a certain amount of time. So here are some updates...

aFe warm air intake and Corsa cat-back exhaust:

Attachments

#4 ·

Attachments

#8 · (Edited)
Thanks fellas. Real happy with the Corsa overall. It's not loud by any means. Definitely comes alive under heavy acceleration but normally it's pretty mild. The tone is where it excels IMO. Just sounds like a proper dignified V8. I installed it myself and have been struggling getting the driver side exhaust tip aligned. The issue seems to be with the hanger. May have to get the shop to look at it while putting on the new kicks. Changed my mind about that btw, going with Toyo Open Country A/T II's for the meatier sidewalls. They too got really good reviews and they sport a 65,000mi warranty, 10k more than the AT3's so we'll see. Will post pics of the additions soon.

#9 ·
I had a bear of a time getting the mufflers and tips aligned properly. I ended up loosening everything from the h pipe back and hung the mufflers on the hangers first then forced the tunnel pipes together and up to tighten the bolt holding the brace bars together and tightening the shit out of it first then it takes some elbow grease to force the mufflers onto the pipes but it forces the hangers to stay under tension and not just flop around. I was getting a terrible rub from both hanger rods contacting the bottom of the body. Good luck. Don't get too crazy with the brace bolt cause it is only 3/8" and will shear if you go too tight.

#10 ·
It's as if I wrote this myself! The main problem seems to be that the rear-most driver side rubber grommet creeps rearward and up causing the exhaust tip to rub the bumper. I've made similar attempts to correct it but I will try again keeping in mind your suggestion. Thank you.

#11 · (Edited)
Toyo Open Country A/T II LT275/65R18 C

Quick and dirty post-install pics. Last two are park and OR2. I will post the full suspension progression soon as well.

Attachments

#15 ·
I'll have to do that too. I was just more focused in illustrating the front for clearance purposes. It's wide open in the back! I think that's what gives the illusion that it needs wider spacers than the front. I noticed that the higher the QL setting, the more exaggerated the wheels look tucked in. Now that I say that, I think maybe the geometry does change, the wheels probably do come inboard a bit. That would kinda make sense. Would need to measure to confirm that.

As for the new tires, I love the way they look but can't speak much to performance as I haven't really tested them out. I can say they are slightly louder than the stock Michelins but that stands to reason as they are fairly aggressive ATs. They're not loud by any means but they're not silent either. I am enjoying the firmer, more responsive ride for sure.

There is no clearance issue other than at wheel lock, the tire just kisses the felt lining on the inside of the front wheel wells. So far it has been very minor. I think wheel spacers will resolve the issue. 1.5's or 1.25's coming soon!

#27 ·
I'll have to do that too. I was just more focused in illustrating the front for clearance purposes. It's wide open in the back! I think that's what gives the illusion that it needs wider spacers than the front. I noticed that the higher the QL setting, the more exaggerated the wheels look tucked in. Now that I say that, I think maybe the geometry does change, the wheels probably do come inboard a bit. That would kinda make sense. Would need to measure to confirm that. As for the new tires, I love the way they look but can't speak much to performance as I haven't really tested them out. I can say they are slightly louder than the stock Michelins but that stands to reason as they are fairly aggressive ATs. They're not loud by any means but they're not silent either. I am enjoying the firmer, more responsive ride for sure. There is no clearance issue other than at wheel lock, the tire just kisses the felt lining on the inside of the front wheel wells. So far it has been very minor. I think wheel spacers will resolve the issue. 1.5's or 1.25's coming soon!
Spatial_k- like your mods.

What ride height had the slight clearance issue at lock on the fronts? Or does it "just kisses the felt lining" AT&T all ride heights?

What size spacers did you end up going with? Did this address the clearance issues?

Thanks- Eric

#20 ·
Removed the old strips using fishing line in a sawing motion. That method keeps them intact and doesn't scuff up the paint. The new lettering comes in one foam template so I just measured 2 5/8" from door edge and 3/4" below bevel. The measurements are a mix of the old moulding location and what someone posted on another thread of the SRT lettering location.

#26 ·
They're perfect IMO. 4000+ miles on them so far and no complaints. Slightly stiffer ride but I like that... on the road at least. Slightly louder than stock but not by much. Mild off-roading in muddy conditions is a breeze. Starting to get some snow so looking forward to see how they do in that.

#28 ·
Nice work Spatial_k!

By looking at the pictures of the grill removal you did not need to remove the front bumper fascia, correct?

Is it also possible to remove/replace the mesh too without removing the entire front bumper fascia or are there fasteners hidden under it that secure the mesh?

#30 ·
Nice work Spatial_k! By looking at the pictures of the grill removal you did not need to remove the front bumper fascia, correct? Is it also possible to remove/replace the mesh too without removing the entire front bumper fascia or are there fasteners hidden under it that secure the mesh?
I didn't need to take the facia off. I just pulled the grill cover right off. I think that the mesh underneath requires the removal of the facia because it's secured underneath the facia.

#34 ·
Love your jeep Spatial_k... nice and clean look! Makes me wish I would have bought a black jeep instead of white.
Can you report back now on how the open country's handle on snow or ice?

#35 ·
Love your jeep Spatial_k... nice and clean look! Makes me wish I would have bought a black jeep instead of white. Can you report back now on how the open country's handle on snow or ice?
Any updates on how you like the open country's?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.